Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» first fun allowed post of 2024
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 12:16 am by eblu

» who the h*ck is joshy
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:58 pm by CasualCollision

» i am banned from chao island
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:56 pm by CasualCollision

» announcement: i am taking over the forum
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:55 pm by CasualCollision

» Among Us Players Club
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:53 pm by CasualCollision

» online videos that represent me:
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:52 pm by CasualCollision

» will got lost here
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:49 pm by CasualCollision

» wingull
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:44 pm by CasualCollision

» the forum theme always pisses me off
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:40 pm by CasualCollision

Top posters
CasualCollision
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_lcapApply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Voting_barApply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_rcap 
Vapor
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_lcapApply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Voting_barApply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_rcap 
dragonslayer oddish
Gravelord Neto
eblu
JmTsHaW
Twilde
Enzo03
Tulip
Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_lcap33%Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_lcap67%Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)

Go down 
+4
THUQ
Gravelord Neto
CasualCollision
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CasualCollision
Admin
CasualCollision

Sand : 648

Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Empty
PostSubject: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:39 pm

So, with the suspected new host coming up in the foreseeable future, I feel it's high time to assemble a small staff. You will most likely be assigned as a moderator, and be held partially responsible for keeping the peace around Fun Allowed. As a moderator, you must check for reports often, and be able to answer to complaints in a rational and unbiased manner.

To apply, you must write a short essay (two paragraphs or more) explaining why you would think you would be a valuable member of Fun Allowed staff. Once written, you may either post your application here, or send it privately to any of the current Fun Allowed administrators, where it will be reviewed.  

Update [12/16/13]

From now on, though we are done giving promotions for now, we will accept staff applications at any time. We will file any given to us accordingly, and will contact you when we are ready to accept more staff members.

Last edited by CasualCollision on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://funallowed.forumotion.com
Gravelord Neto

Gravelord Neto

Sand : 218

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:50 pm

do i need to apply or does my mod status carry over
Back to top Go down
http://spookyscarygravelordnito.tumblr.com
THUQ
Hellaspawn
Hellaspawn
THUQ

Sand : 12

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm

It would be best to apply.
Back to top Go down
CasualCollision
Admin
CasualCollision

Sand : 648

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:02 pm

I agree with Jules. I promoted you as for temporary backup, so I guess if you want to increase your chances of staying a mod, I say re-apply.

Last edited by CasualCollision on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://funallowed.forumotion.com

Sand : 241

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 am

nvm

Last edited by Our Lord and Savior Goomy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batsy
Batsy

Sand : 30

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:06 pm

While I am probably a new figure in many of your eyes, I believe I can offer valuable support to your new community.  I stick to the rules without straying from them, and I believe my behavior on CI speaks for itself.  You might think of order and structure when you think of me, but this is only because I respect the administrator’s vision and rules and do not stray from them.  If it is a lenient and fun, but orderly within necessity forum you seek, it is that forum I would enforce.  If my character is brought into question, I kindly ask you to recall any interaction I have had with you, in which I would stake a claim that I have always been kind, polite, and supportive, or have respectfully disagreed with you or cleared up any bad blood between us.  I would like to see your community to succeed as I have always aspired to be part of a small forum community that made something of itself.  But now it is time to present my resume, if you will.

I am disabled and therefore cannot work, so I am always home, and always free to devote time to reading reports and dealing with them. This forum would only be a tab away from 1 PM EST to 12 AM EST, a time period that I am available to moderate on average every day unless I have a doctor’s appointment or something comes up, at which time I will warn other staff members.  Upon arriving every day, I will deal with any unresolved reports that still remain.  As far as answering these reports rationally and without bias, I would like to add that I am trained in debate, critique, and rhetoric, and understand objectivity and how to approach issues in a balanced and fair manner.  Please view any debate threads and writing threads I’ve posted in or my posts on CI in general if you have some doubt to my promises.  I can encourage healthy debates and balanced critique of others while moderating active discussions in a supportive and didactic manner without dictating any action outside of my permitted powers.  I can also bring teaching and oversight of projects to the table as well.  Please view the Games Canon Game, my attempting writing bootcamp, my contribution to the writing guide, CIRPG, and again posts in general.   I can also offer my writing skills and ensure the guidance necessary to help others improve theirs.  I am flexible, contactable, and willing to do what I’m asked while ready to pitch ideas when they are needed.  And as always, community insight is very important to me.

I'm sure you would be hesitant to use me until I show activity here, but rest assured, you will see daily activity from me from here on out. If you do not see fit to use me from the start, know that I'll still be available in the future.  Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Aruesso

Aruesso

Sand : 38

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 pm

i figure i may as well

Despite past, albeit, petty, disputes and my somewhat jaded front and my less than profound speech mannerisms, I'd like to be able to prove myself as as valuable member of moderation, and if i may be so brave, have a seat in aiding THUQ in forum colors and other HTML nonsense. Although I may have incredibly basic HTML knowledge, I've been able to figure out enough to complete change a forum's theming, an example of my work can be seen at a relatively dead forum me and some friends have attempted to start a long time ago, however I was essential in helping transform the forum's appearance.
Forum in question: Flowers and Kitties
The pixelwork is fairly outdated in comparison to my newer works and techniques, but I feel as if they may seen adequate enough.
I also have a variety of contacts and resources to refer to if I am stuck, and either way, I hope to further my knowledge in web design through this if you may so let me.

I also have had some past experience in moderation on Kirby's Rainbow Resort's Oekaki board, as well as having some say regarding their forum and chat moderation.
I am currently not in school or seeking a job, so I am basically online 24/7 through Skype and Google Talk/Hangouts, and if I am not, I can easily be contacted through mobile phone or e-mail regarding important issues. I feel confident in my ability to enforce rules and guidelines, and I prefer to play by logic and not be clouded by personal biases or emotion towards others. I enjoy being a mediator and looking for compromises for everyone and I try to do what I can to treat everyone as an equal and be able to sympathize/empathize as needed.

I'm fairly lackluster in being able to describe myself, so feel free to watch me as time goes on before deciding on anything if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://aruesso.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 pm

I will do everything in my power to listen to both what people want, and what the moderators advise. Present every opportunity, compromise with users, and if all else fails, take the necessary action I feel is best to deal with whatever problem presented to me. Doing so, I will do the best job as a moderator I can.

I have former experience managing large groups of people within Guilds in World of Warcraft, I've had to choose when the problem presents itself, tackle the problem head on, and if all else failed I never hesitated to cut off the problem and hopefully build up and mold a proper person within a group. They need freedom, freedom to make mistakes, freedom to choose whether to learn from them or refuse to admit guilt. It's not in my power or duty to force them into the right choice, but should they act in a way that displeases the group in a whole they must be punished.

I know I have, possibly the worst history backing me up from as you know me. But give me this chance to moderate and you'll learn how I treat power when handed to me.
Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

dragonslayer oddish

Sand : 376

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm

i was worried for a minute but i think we'll have good mods
Back to top Go down
Cran

Cran

Sand : 27

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 1:38 am

Although for a while i was a rather unruly sort, i believe i have mature past my stage of yelling dick jokes. As a veteran member of CI for 4 years now, I have a devoted relationship to almost all members. I like to think i'm on good terms with the users and, that i can thoroughly enjoy making sure this is a fun, non-toxic environment. I am a very loyal person and can handle leadership positions.

I can get along with all staff and am flexible. the few downsides that i can think of are of time. Since I have schooling, i will not be able to be on for 7 hours a day, but i can ensure you that within the time, I  will govern these streets with an unbiased outlook on problems. I have known you all for a long time now, and i believe its my turn to give back to the community, as you all have done for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)   Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13) Empty

Back to top Go down

Apply for staff! (Updated 12/16/13)
Page 1 of 1